1 hr 10 mins
This recipe from Bon Appétit (Nov. 2008) makes a great vegetarian (vegan) main or side dish. The first 2 steps can be made a day ahead and chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice (about 9 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 3 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled butternut squash (from 11/2-pound squash)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped leeks (white part only)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen white corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1Rinse rice in strainer under cold water; drain. Bring 6 cups water and 2 teaspoons coarse salt to boil in large saucepan. Add rice; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered until rice grains begin to split and are tender but still slightly chewy, about 45 minutes. Drain. Spread on rimmed baking sheet to cool. Transfer to bowl.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Oil rimmed baking sheet. Toss squash cubes and 3 tablespoons oil in medium bowl. Spread squash in single layer on prepared sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast just until tender but firm enough to hold shape, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Transfer squash to bowl. Cool.
- 3Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and 3/4 cup water; simmer until leeks are tender, about 7 minutes. Add corn; simmer 2 minutes longer. Add rice and butternut squash; simmer until heated through and liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice With Butternut Squash, Leeks, and Corn
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 374.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g