Wild Rice With Butternut Squash and Blackened Pecans
- In a medium saucepan filled with lightly salted boiling water, cook wild rice, covered, until kernels burst open but rice is still firm, 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel butternut squash and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large saucepan, simmer squash in port wine, covered, until tender, 9-10 minutes.
- Add nutmeg and salt. Cook 5 minutes.
- In a small frying pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add pecan pieces and cook, stirring, until butter turns golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon hot butternut squash over cooked wild rice. Top with blackened pecan sauce.