Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful side dish with anything.
Make and share this Wild Rice With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in 10 inch frypan (non-stick) over medium heat.
- Cook wild rice, mushrooms and onions in butter about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
- Stir in water, salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 40 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender, drain if necessary.
- Stir in bacon pieces.
I suspected this might be a little too bland for our taste, so I added some beef granules to the water. Glad I did.....it added some extra flavour. I will definitely make it again.
This was really quite good. I cooked the bacon in the microwave to save time, so it was relatively easy to prepare. I think this dish would compliment any entree.
I added some beef broth as well. Had some fun with it and added celery and stewed diced tomatoes as well.