Recipe by Vyxie's Kitchen
I came up with this while raiding my refrigerator of leftovers. I had some left over "Wild Rice with Cranberries and Caramelized Onions" (this can be found on food.com as well), and some leftover turkey in the freezer, as well as store bought pie crust. I decided to play with my food, and make something new for dinner. It turned out amazing. I will now make extra rice just so I can makes this!
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey, cut into chunks
- 2 -3 cups cooked wild rice, with cranberries and caramelized onions
- 1 -2 prepared pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the soup, turkey, and rice in a large bowl.
- If you want a bottom crust, place the crust in a pie dish, i used a deep dish pie plate.
- Pour the mixture in to the pie shell, and top with the top crust. Make sure to cut slits for the steam to escape.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until crust is golden and the filling is hot.
- This would also be great with other vegetables added in, I just used the leftovers that I had.
- Please note: all the measurements are approximate. I didn't think to actually measure them, and just used all the leftovers I had. Adjust as needed!