Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I lightened this from the original version to make it diet-friendly. It's simple to prepare and the mild flavors make it a classic comfort food.
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 slices light bread
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, turkey, soup, water chestnuts, onion, water, and soy sauce.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt casserole dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a food processor to crumble bread slices. Sprinkle over casserole and spray with a light coat of butter spray.
- Bake uncovered for an addition 10-15 minutes, until bubbly.