Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 cups cubed turkey
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream or 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- any other spices, you would like to add
- 1 can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2-1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 box wild rice (I like Uncle Ben's made without the butter)
- Prepare rice to package directions meantime.
- Saute onion and celery in non-stick cooking spray until tender.
- Mix in soup, wine, sour cream, spices-let bubble.
- Add turkey.
- Turn into a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Add cooked rice-mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes.
If you don't like curry I would suggest leaving it out because it has a very strong flavor in this. I think it would still be good without it.
The casserole tasted great. I didn't add the curry but did add the full tablespoon of pepper, with reservation. My DH loved it but my kids wouldn't touch it, saying it was too 'spicy.' Next time I will back off on the pepper a little bit. The casserole has a bland appearance but it tastes great.