Recipe by Ppaperdoll
A different kind of wild rice salad. Would be a really good addition to bring to a Thanksgiving table. Looks pretty and tastes yummy. From Cooking Light.
Top Review by White Rose Child
Lovely flavors in this salad! I halved it and omitted the sesame oil, which I don't like. I forgot the salt but it didn't need any at all. A wonderful, light supper with sesame-lemon greens. Made for Tag. Thank you!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup diced peeled sweet potato
- 1 1⁄3 cups peeled bartlett pears, cored and diced (about 2 pears)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- For salad, bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add wild rice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour or until tender. Set aside.
- Cook sweet potato in boiling water 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Combine pear and lemon juice in a large bowl and toss to coat. Add cooked wild rice, sweet potato, pepper, onions, sesame seeds, and salt. Toss together.
- For dressing, combine vinegar, apple cider, sesame oil, orange juice concentrate, sage and garlic in a small bowl and whisk well. Pour over rice salad and toss to coat.