1/1 Photo of Wild Rice Stuffing
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Caryn Talty's Note:
1 cup organic long grain white rice 1 cup organic long grain wild rice 1/2 cup butter 3 small yellow onions (diced) 2 cups finely chopped Portobello mushrooms
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan, melt butter. Add onions, celery, and mushrooms. You can either use mushroom pieces or finely chopped mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes.
- 2Add the rest of your ingredients and cook on high heat until it boils. Note: *I use Pacific Foods as it is gluten free. NOT ALL VEGETABLE BROTH IS GLUTEN FREE.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer at a low boil for up to 40 minutes. Be sure to watch it. If needed, add more vegetable broth to keep it moist.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Stuff turkey with wild rice stuffing and roast according to the size of your turkey in lbs.
- 6If you have left over stuffing or if you don't wish to stuff the bird, you must bake it in the oven to complete the cooking process. Bake in a covered casserole dish for 30-45 minutes at 350°F Be sure to add more water or broth if you think your rice looks like it needs more moisture. (Especially if you refrigerated it overnight). Just add 1/4 cup of water at a time until you think it looks moist enough.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.7
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 405.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: