Cook1 hr 30 mins
1 cup organic long grain white rice 1 cup organic long grain wild rice 1/2 cup butter 3 small yellow onions (diced) 2 cups finely chopped Portobello mushrooms
- In saucepan, melt butter. Add onions, celery, and mushrooms. You can either use mushroom pieces or finely chopped mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and cook on high heat until it boils. Note: *I use Pacific Foods as it is gluten free. NOT ALL VEGETABLE BROTH IS GLUTEN FREE.
- Reduce heat and simmer at a low boil for up to 40 minutes. Be sure to watch it. If needed, add more vegetable broth to keep it moist.
- Remove from heat.
- Stuff turkey with wild rice stuffing and roast according to the size of your turkey in lbs.
- If you have left over stuffing or if you don't wish to stuff the bird, you must bake it in the oven to complete the cooking process. Bake in a covered casserole dish for 30-45 minutes at 350°F Be sure to add more water or broth if you think your rice looks like it needs more moisture. (Especially if you refrigerated it overnight). Just add 1/4 cup of water at a time until you think it looks moist enough.