Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Taste of Home-The original recipe called for 1/2 c butter, and I add sage, thyme, diced red bell pepper, carrot, and fresh parsley.
- turkey giblets
- 4 cups water
- 6 ounces long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove liver from giblets, if desired. Place giblets and water in saucepan. Cover and simmer 2 hours or til tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter; add to rice. Drain and dice giblets. Stir stuffing, broth and giblets into rice.
- Spoon into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 min or til heated through.