Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
"Although it uses many of the same ingredients found in typical stuffings, this version has a bit of a twist because the wild rice provides a different texture."
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Add the wild rice, salt and thyme. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute carrots, celery and onion in oil until almost tender. Add the mushrooms; saute 5 minutes longer. Add vegetables and long grain rice to wild rice. Cover and cook for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in parsley.
I made this for thanksgiving and my guests loved it! Thanks so much for posting this simple but delicious recipe; we will be making it again (and I will be sharing it with one of my guests who wanted the recipe. :)