Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Based on a recipe from Beatrice Ojakangas’ book, The Best of Wild Rice Recipes. Beatrice is my favorite Finnish-American cookbook author.
- 1⁄4 cup raw wild rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 cups water
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- In small saucepan, combine wild rice, caraway seeds and water; simmer uncovered until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Mash the cooked egg yolks and stir in the cooked wild rice, bacon, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Fill cooked egg white halves with yolk mixture.
- Chill until ready to serve.