Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great dish to make for company.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried whole thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) broiler-fryer chickens
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- green grape (optional)
- Cook rice mix according to package directions. Add butter, thyme, onion powder, and 1 1/2 cups grapes; stir well.
- Season cavity of chicken with salt, place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Stuff lightly with half of rice mixture. Truss chicken, and bake at 375F for 1 1/2 hours. Combine soy sauce and wine, use to baste chicken during last 30 minutes of baking.
- Spoon remaining rice mixture into a lightly greased 1-quart casserole; bake at 375F for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken to serving platter, and spoon rice around it. Garmish with grapes, if desired.