1/1 Photo of Wild Rice Soup
Barb Gertz's Note:
A quick to make healthy soup from Better Homes and Gardens Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package quick-cooking long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon madeira wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1Prepare rice mix according to package directions,EXCEPT omit the seasoning packet and margarine.
- 2Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven combine broth, dried thyme (if using), and garlic.
- 3Bring to boiling.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, chicken, zucchini, pepper, and, if usinf fresh thyne.
- 5Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- 6Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in cooked rice and if desired, Madeira, Heat through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 468.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend