Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A rich, thick, hearty soup.
Make and share this Wild Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 236.59 ml diced smoked turkey
- 118.29 ml uncooked wild rice
- 4.92 ml dried tarragon leaves
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2 (822.13 g) can chicken broth
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 78.07 ml flour
- 236.59 ml frozen green pea, thawed
- 29.58 ml dry sherry, if desired
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion in oil until tender.
- Place onion, celery, carrots, turkey, wild rice, tarragon and pepper in a crockpot.
- Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on Low heat 6-8 hours, or until rice and vegetables are tender.
- Mix milk and flour well; stir into soup.
- Cover and cook about 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in peas and sherry during the last 15 minutes of cooking time.