Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A rich, thick, hearty soup.
Make and share this Wild Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 cup diced smoked turkey
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion in oil until tender.
- Place onion, celery, carrots, turkey, wild rice, tarragon and pepper in a crockpot.
- Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on Low heat 6-8 hours, or until rice and vegetables are tender.
- Mix milk and flour well; stir into soup.
- Cover and cook about 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in peas and sherry during the last 15 minutes of cooking time.