I absolutely LOVE this soup! I found the recipe in a book called "From Minnesota With Love" that was given to me at my wedding shower many years ago by my dear Auntie Diane. Not the healthiest concoction, but, hey I only make it once in a blue moon!
- Wash wild rice. boil for 15 minute Drain.
- Cook the bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute celery, onion and green pin drippings until transparent.
- Put in a large pot with the diced bacon,rice, broth, soup and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for one hour or more.
- Do not add salt!