Recipe by pammyowl
I absolutely LOVE this soup! I found the recipe in a book called "From Minnesota With Love" that was given to me at my wedding shower many years ago by my dear Auntie Diane. Not the healthiest concoction, but, hey I only make it once in a blue moon!
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for the Cook-a-thon in Memory of Pammyowl and DH and I enjoyed it for our lunch down at the beach. I did cut the recipe in half, used homemade chicken broth and fresh mushrooms (which I sauteed with the onions, peppers and celery). A quick and easy dish to prepare when you are in a hurry. Oh yes, I used wild rice which I had made previously and froze.
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1 lb bacon
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash wild rice. boil for 15 minute Drain.
- Cook the bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute celery, onion and green pin drippings until transparent.
- Put in a large pot with the diced bacon,rice, broth, soup and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for one hour or more.
- Do not add salt!