Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I absolutely LOVE this soup! I found the recipe in a book called "From Minnesota With Love" that was given to me at my wedding shower many years ago by my dear Auntie Diane. Not the healthiest concoction, but, hey I only make it once in a blue moon!
- Wash wild rice. boil for 15 minute Drain.
- Cook the bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute celery, onion and green pin drippings until transparent.
- Put in a large pot with the diced bacon,rice, broth, soup and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for one hour or more.
- Do not add salt!
Made this for the Cook-a-thon in Memory of Pammyowl and DH and I enjoyed it for our lunch down at the beach. I did cut the recipe in half, used homemade chicken broth and fresh mushrooms (which I sauteed with the onions, peppers and celery). A quick and easy dish to prepare when you are in a hurry. Oh yes, I used wild rice which I had made previously and froze.
It was ok... It did not meet what I had expected. Thanks anyways