Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great soup for a cold day. Can be made with ham or chicken. I prefer ham.
Make and share this Wild Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb diced ham or 1⁄2 lb chicken
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- minced parsley or chives
- Combine 1/2 cup wild rice and 2 cups water and cook.
- Drain any excess water.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Saute onions and mushrooms until tender.
- Blend flour, gradually add broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in cooked rice and salt.
- Add ham or chicken, carrots and almonds, simmer about 5 minute
- Blend in half-and-half and sherry.
- Heat to serving temperature
- Garnish with parsley or chives.