Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup is the recipe that Byerly's uses in Minnesota. I LOVE this soup and this version of Wild Rice soup!!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄3 cup ham, Minced
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, and saute the onions until they are tender.
- Blend in the flour.
- Slowly stir in the broth.
- Cook on med-high heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the wild rice, salt, ham, carrots and almonds.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend in the half and half and the sherry and heat.
- Serve Hot.
I'm a Minnesoooota girl and this is the best soup ever! Great on a cold day. I wouldn't change a thing. kzbhanson, you are the queen of soups!