- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (use the 1/3 less salt kind if possible)
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (use 1/3 less salt kind)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil wild rice for 15 minutes and drain; set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and discard all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings. Saute celery, onion and green pepper in drippings until onion is transparent.
- Put in a large kettle and add rice, broth, mushrooms, soup and diced bacon.
- Cook on low heat for 2 hours.