Recipe by Sherrybeth
Yeah yeah....everybody loves soup...nothing new can be done with soup...I've heard them all! This was given to me by my 98 year old aunt and it is different and we love it! It does have to be started a day ahead of serving!
- 3 bell peppers, chopped (one red, one green, one yellow)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups white beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the peppers, 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar and toss lightly.
- Place this mixture in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for 10-12 hours.
- The following day, heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute' the leek, carrots and celery in the olive oil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the pepper mixture.
- Once this has heated through, place it in your stock pot and add the wild rice, beans, chicken broth and reduce the heat to simmer this mixture, uncovered, for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the oregano and thume and cook for about five more minutes.
- Serve hot.