Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Check out the variations for additional ideas on flavors.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese dip (or dressing, I always use a dip as for potato chips but have used ranch dressing in a pinch)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked wild rice, cooled
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In mixing bowl beat together egg, flour, cream cheese dip and salt.
- Add wild rice and stir to combine.
- Heat 1/8 inch oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Spoon ¼ cup rice mixture into the oil and spread out with a spoon to forma about a 3 inch circle.
- Repeat with remaining rice mix or until skillet is full.
- Do not overcrowd.
- Cook until crisp and golden then flip and cook the other side.
- Transfer to paper towel lined plate and keep warm.
- Stir 2 tsp grated onion and or celery in with the wild rice.
- Use a flavored dip like artichoke or onion in place of the cream cheese dip.
- Use bacon drippings for the oil and add crumbled bacon before frying.
- Substitute celery or garlic salt for the salt.
- Add ¼ tsp dry mustard to the egg mixture.