- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, add water, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire, mustard, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Add rice and seasoning packet; return to boiling.
- Lower heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter.
- Add shrimp, green pepper, and onions.
- Saute and stir for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Add rice; stir until heated through.