1/2 Photos of Wild Rice Salad With Raisins
1 hr 5 mins
A rice salad that is an absolute must with left over turkey at Christmas.. this started out as a delia recipe but got edited along the way. In answer to Kumquat's review, you have to ground or mince the garlic up if you can't pound it up in a pestle and mortar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 fluid ounces long grain and wild rice blend (supermarket brand)
- 2 ounces raisins
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 ounces walnuts
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 3 inches piece cucumbers, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 red skinned dessert apple, chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped (even the green bit!)
For the Dressing
- 1Preheat oven to gas 4 / 350°F / 180°C.
- 2Cook the rice as per packet instruction. When cooked but still warm mix with 3-4 tbsp of the dressing, toss the rice around in the dressing and then leave to cool completely.
- 3Make the dressing: Pound the garlic with the salt into a creamy paste.
- 4Next work in the mustard powder.
- 5Whisk in the vinegar and olive oil.
- 6Season with plenty of black pepper.
- 7Now toast the walnuts, spread them out on a baking tray and place them in the oven for 8 minutes. (Put a timer on, they burn easily).
- 8Mix rice with cucumber, tomatoes, diced pepper, apple, raisins, spring onions and walnuts.
- 9Drizzle with the remaining dressing and mix again so that everything is throughly combined and coated in dressing.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice Salad With Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 197.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend
white wine vinegar