This is from Canadian Living magazine. Instead of wild rice you can use barley or wheat berries!
Make and share this Wild Rice Salad With Mustard Honey Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup diced dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup diced dried apple
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
Mustard Honey Dressing
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cover and cook wild rice until tender, about 35 minutes. Drain well and transfer to large bowl. Add apricots, apple, raisins and golden raisins. Set aside.
- Mustard Honey Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over rice mixture and toss gently. Let cool; cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.) To serve, add mint and toss to combine.