1/1 Photo of Wild Rice Salad With Figs - Rutherford Grill, Napa Valley
Delicious wild rice salad with figs, pecans and cashews. Bon Appetit, March 1996.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wild rice (about 6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried calimyrna fig
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Combine 4 cups water and salt in medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Add rice. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Drain well. Cool.
- 3Transfer rice to large bowl. Mix in figs, pecans, cashews, green onions, celery and red onion. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 4Mix vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and sugar in blender. With blender running, gradually mix in both oils.
- 5Pour dressing over rice mixture and toss. Season salad with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice Salad With Figs - Rutherford Grill, Napa Valley
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.9
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 408.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: