- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) packagefast-cooking long grain and wild rice blend (Uncle Ben's)
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled apple (I used Golden Delicious)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice mix by following the package directions; allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the next 3 ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the soy sauce, water, sugar, and vinegar; stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add rice and soy sauce mixture to the apple mixture.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Add peanuts; toss gently.