Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love make ahead dishes and this one keeps for several days in the refrigerator. There's no reason why you couldn't add some cooked chicken, or pork to this salad and make a one bowl meal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice, rinsed well
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 apples, diced small
- 4 stalks celery, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 carrots, diced small
- 1 cup roasted chopped pecans or 1 cup almonds
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry spreadable fruit
- 4 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 pinch thyme
- salt and pepper
- Bring water to a boil and add the wild rice.
- Cover the pan and turn down to low heat.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes.
- Drain off any water and allow to cool.
- Mix rice with the apples, celery, carrots, nuts, thyme, and salt and pepper.
- Whisk the oil, jam, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the wild rice and vegetable mixture, stirring to blend well.
- This salad can be served at room temperature or cool.
this was very tasty and a wonderful side dish with chicken . i followed the recipe, omitting the dried fruit and used only 1 chopped apple, it was enough. i enjoyed it, as did the family, nice fresh fruity taste
wow what an awesome recipe! thanks the only thing I changed, was I used pomegranate infused red wine vinegar instead of the raspberry because that was what I had, other than that I stuck to your recipe and we all loved it and Im sure we'll be having it again