Recipe by Papagayita
Hearty, vegetarian wild rice salad that is wonderful served hot or cold. Crunchy, savory, and adaptable. Made according to recipe is vegetarian and oil free, appropriate for plant based diets.
- 2 cups lundberg's wild rice mix
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook the rice: rinse wild rice under running water. Combine stock and rice in a large pot. Bring to a boil then lower to a low simmer. Cover and cook for 45-50 minutes until rice is done.
- 2. Cook the mushrooms, garlic and onions with the white wine: cook in a saute pan over medium-high heat until softened. Add white wine if using. Don't cook off all the juices-they'll be great mixed into the rice!
- 3. Combine the mushrooms, rice, parsley, green onions and carrots. Let sit for 10 minutes for flavors to meld and let carrots soften. Add salt & pepper to taste. Top with cranberries and walnuts. Serve at room temperature or cold.