Recipe by English_Rose
Try this colourful and tasty wild rice salad, flavoured with fresh herbs and an olive oil dressing. Time does not include cooling.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely minced
- 6 button mushrooms, finely diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
For the salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice in a large saucepan. Cover generously with water, season with salt and bring to the boil.
- Cover the saucepan, reduce the temperature and simmer the rice for 20 minutes until the rice is al dente. Drain the rice thoroughly in a colander and allow to cool.
- Mix together the cooled rice, red pepper, green pepper, red onion, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, cilantro and parsley.
- Make the salad dressing by mixing together the olive oil, wine vinegar, lemon zest and juice, mustard, honey and garlic. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pour the salad dressing over the rice salad and toss through. Serve.