Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the 2003 Chrisco calender. I haven't tried it yet.
- 100 g wild rice
- 1⁄3 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 green shallots, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cook the wild rice according to the packet instructions.
- Add white rice to a pan of boiling water, boil rapidly, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until just tender, drain.
- Combine both rices with shallots and red capsicum.
- Toss well with dressing.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight before serving.
- Combine oil, juice, and sugar in a screw top jar, and shake well.
Scaled back to three serves, one of which I greatly enjoyed for today's take-to-work lunch: tasty and sustaining. :) Very easy to prepare, very versatile and I loved the dressing, so I'll certainly be making this again. On this occasion, my only addition was half a cup of sliced mushrooms. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Sara. Made for PRMR.