Recipe by Boomette
From the issue of December 2006, Coup de pouce.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I did cut this recipe in half since it does make a lot! Enjoyed the combo of rices, especially with the dressing that is included here! Have not got this recipe copied into my special holiday cookbook! Many thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups wild rice
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, grilled, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons french shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rice Salad: In a saucepan, bring to boil 6 cups of water. Add wild rice and reduce the heat. Cover and let simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is tender and grains are open. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring the remaining water to boil. Add long grain rice and reduce the heat. Cover and let simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Dressing : In a salad dish, mix all ingredients until homogeneous. Add wild rice, long grain rice, pecans, apricots and cranberries. Stir to coat well. (This salad can be done one day ahead and cover it. It will be good until the next day.).