Recipe by Lyfia
A delicious and nutritious salad perfect for a summer pot-luck picnic, and so easy to throw together! I keep cooked wild rice in my freezer, which lessens the prep time and makes this recipe even easier. Make it simpler yet by using frozen pre-sliced peppers (I like using a variety of red, green and yellow). The dressing is also great on it's own.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups wild rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- toasted slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dressing ingredients in lidded jar and shake well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In large saucepan, heat all water (2 quarts plus 1 cup) and rice to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid from rice.
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade.
- Halve artichoke hearts and add to rice with peas, peppers, green onions, tomatoes, reserved marinade and half the dressing.
- Toss again and taste.
- Add some of remaining dressing, if desired.
- Sprinkle with almonds and served.