Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cashews or almonds would work well in this recipe too.
- 3 cups cooked wild rice, chilled
- 2 red apples, diced (do not peel)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- Toss diced apples with lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Stir in celery and wild rice.
- Blend mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth, mix all together.
- Add peanuts just before serving.
This salad is fantastic. I love rice and especially wild rice and this one was just perfect. I loved the crunch with this as well. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
We all loved this salad. It is sweet and earthy and crunchy. I made a half recipe for the 3 of us and have enough rice cooked to make another salad tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your recipe. This was made for ZWT4.
I was pleasantley surprised by this salad. It's delicious. I wasn't sure what to expect but was quite happy with the results. It reminded me of a rice pudding almost. I will be taking this salad to all of my summer potluck get togethers. Thanks.