Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
I wanted a wild rice salad with dried fruit and pecans, but nothing I found seemed to suit until I found this at the Whole Foods Market's website. I haven't made it yet, but I will update it after I have done so. Until then, times are estimated and include cooling time. For gluten-free, dairy-free, and/or vegan options, use a suitable vinaigrette.
- 8 cups water
- 12 ounces wild rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced yellow tomatoes
- 1 cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the wild rice and salt. Reduce heat and cook, covered, for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Drain excess water from rice and cool.
- Transfer cooled rice to a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
Excellent. Made this last week from Whole Foods Cook Book. Chewy great tasting. I made per recipe but it could be changed to your needs. Thanks for posting!
I just love this salad! I also make it at home, but I add some olive oil, and 1 red bell pepper. We usually eat it in the next day, so the salad had time to absorve all the flavor. Just delicious!!!