Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I modified the original recipe. This is a very pretty and tangy tasting salad. The wild rice and pine nuts add a nice crunch to an otherwise slightly boring salad. Be generous with the feta and serve with tomato slices. This would make a nice potluck dish.
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup wild rice
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Bring the water to a boil and add the rice. Cook until tender.
- Heat a frying pan and add the pine nuts to toast. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the rice, peppers, scallions, garlic, basil and thyme.
- In a cup, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, oil and mustard.
- Toss with the rice mixture.
- Top with feta cheese and serve warm.
Sure it's very healthy but with absolutely no flavor. I followed the recipe exactly although I wish I hadn't. It was very bland.
Very easy, very good & very healthy - fibericious. ;) THE PICKY ONE wouldn't eat it after finding a pignoli, but oh well.