Recipe by meinireland
Wonderful looking side dish also a filling meal on its own! Great risotto for beginning cooks!
- 3 cups wild rice, prepared
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (emmental)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- While rice is cooking, cut bacon into pieces and fry until crisp. cook onion in same pan.
- When rice is cooked, add bacon (with drippings) and onion along with butter and stir until melted.
- Add cheeses and sour cream. Add milk by the tablespoon so mixture is creamy, cook over low heat until cheese is melted and everything is well combined.
- *Omitting bacon would make this a vegetarian option.