Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very good side dish to serve with fish or poultry. Adding some chopped red and/or green pepper would probably go nicely also.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion and celery in oil 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the nuts and quinoa and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 18 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in wild rice. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This was very good with some adjustments. I used 2 cups of chicken broth instead of 3 of veggie broth. I used green onions, carrots and celery with toasted pine nuts. Will make again.
This was good. Fairly quick & easy as the wild rice is done ahead. I found it to have too much liquid & therefore not very fluffy & pilaf-fy. But it was very tasty. I like the added bonus of high fiber & protein for my carbaholic dd. ;) I left out the celery for dd & added a red bell pepper which added nice color. I also subbed pignoli for the pistachios. YUM! Made for PAC Fall '08.