Recipe by Budgiegirl
Don't let the long ingredient list make you pass this one by. It's mostly spices and the result is a wonderfull salad.
- 709.77 ml water, divided
- 118.29 ml wild rice, uncooked
- 236.59 ml quinoa, uncooked
- 118.29 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml cucumber, seeded, peeled
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml dried rosemary
- 6.16 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 cup water and wild rice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Combine 2 cups water and quinoa in a medium saucepan/ bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minute or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.
- Place quinoa and wild rice in a large bowl.
- Stir in green onions, bell pepper and cucumber.
- Combine oil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle over quinoa mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.