1/1 Photo of Wild Rice Quinoa Garden Salad
Don't let the long ingredient list make you pass this one by. It's mostly spices and the result is a wonderfull salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Combine 1 cup water and wild rice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- 3Combine 2 cups water and quinoa in a medium saucepan/ bring to a boil.
- 4Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minute or until liquid is absorbed.
- 5Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.
- 6Place quinoa and wild rice in a large bowl.
- 7Stir in green onions, bell pepper and cucumber.
- 8Combine oil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 9Drizzle over quinoa mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice Quinoa Garden Salad
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 107.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g