Don't let the long ingredient list make you pass this one by. It's mostly spices and the result is a wonderfull salad.
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, seeded, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine 1 cup water and wild rice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Combine 2 cups water and quinoa in a medium saucepan/ bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minute or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.
- Place quinoa and wild rice in a large bowl.
- Stir in green onions, bell pepper and cucumber.
- Combine oil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle over quinoa mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.