Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have no recollection of where I got this recipe but it's perfect for brunch or a light dinner served with a salad
- 1⁄3 cup of julianne strips Canadian bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 unbaked pie shell (I cheat and buy the frozen)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Heat Oven to 350.
- Fry Canadian Bacon and onion until onion is cooked through.
- Spread mixture evenly in pie shell.
- Sprinkle with cheese and Wild Rice.
- Whip eggs, cream, salt and hot pepper sauce until well blended.
- Pour over Wild Rice mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until center of Quiche is set.