Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Plain cooked wild rice from Kuhn Rikon's instruction manual (15 psi cooker), when you have taken the time to pre-soak the wild rice. Kuhn Rikon strongly recommends cooking at LOW pressure (8 psi) as if steamed. If increasing the amount, be mindful that when cooking grains, the contents should not exceed the 1/2 mark. Note: soak in unsalted water. I have created a separate recipe for unsoaked rice as the rice:water and cooking times differ.
- In pressure cooker, pour in water and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Pour in well-drained wild rice, stir well.
- Secure lid and bring to LOW pressure (8 psi, 1 bar). Once pot has reached low pressure, adjust heat to stabilize at low pressure. (My stove runs hot for a simmer, so sometimes I stack an extra burner grate or I press the steam valve of my Kuhn Rikon p.c. lid with a wooden spoon to keep the pressure at 1 bar. Once low pressure has been reached, begin timing for 15 minutes and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let pressure reduce naturally (this will absorb some of the excess water, if any).
- Remove lid. If rice has cooked completely, but water remains, drain off excess water.