Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
You need to have 2 cups of cooked wild rice for this recipe. You might want to use this recipe by Tish, Rice Cooker Wild Rice to cook your rice.
- 3 slices bacon (or more, to your taste)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, diced (for color)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded American cheese (if you use Velveeta cube it small)
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry, spoon bacon into a bowl and reserve 3-4 tablespoons of grease.
- In a large pan add onion, patatoes, carrot, and celery.
- Just barely cover veggietables with water and simmer until tender.
- Add bacon, grease, cr of potato soup, milk, cheese and wild rice.
- Salt to your taste.
This soup had a tasty comfort food flavor to it. I made quite a food changes based on what I had on hand. I used ham cubed instead of bacon, rice a roni wild rice, halved the onion, potatoes, cheese and milk, doubled the celery and carrot. I added 1/2 roasted red pepper and seasoning salt. I also cooked the veggies in chicken stock instead of water. DD who is 3 declared this super fabulous!!