Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Rachael Ray. It looks very yummy, lots of great ingredients.
- 3 ounces wild rice (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 0.5 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions; transfer to a large bowl. Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until al dente; drain. Add to the wild rice.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the pecans and sage and cook, stirring frequently, until the nuts are toasted and the mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the peas and chickpeas. Add the vegetable mixture to the orzo mixture; season with salt.
Very good! Tasted just like rice pilaf you get at a restaurant. I loved the addition of the orzo with the wild rice. Made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2010.
A nice full rounded dish. I liked all the different flavors. I added just a little Smart Balance margarine. Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.