Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe from "Jenny Craig's No Diet Required" cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (no salt added)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray, tossing gently. Bake uncovered at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to the package directions omitting fat and half of contents of seasoning package.
- Add rice, apricot, parsley and beans to corn mixture, stir well. Combine vinegar, orange juice and pepper. Drizzle vinegar mixture over ice mixture, toss gently. Serve immediately.