Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This healthy salad is simple to prepare (especially if you use leftover wild rice) and full of texture and flavor. Recipe is from Light and Tasty’s June/July 2005 issue.
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Bring water and rice to boil in small saucepan, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Drain rice, place in bowl, and chill thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat with salad dressing: serve immediately.