1/1 Photo of Wild Rice Mushroom Stuffing
1 hr 30 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
A very easy but beautiful stuffing to serve with your bird for the holidays or anytime of the year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 4 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup broth, from giblet boil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1Rinse and cook wild rice to package instructions; set aside.
- 2Spread cubed french bread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 3Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring after 2 minutes; set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 5Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- 7Add mushrooms; cook for 3 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- 8Add sage, thyme, salt, pepper and cooked rice; cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 9Stir in broth.
- 10Add pecans and toasted bread cubes; toss lightly.
- 11Transfer to very large casserole dish; cover with lid or foil.
- 12Bake for 40 minutes or until hot.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice Mushroom Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.4
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 457.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
day-old French bread