Recipe by Karen From Colorado
A very easy but beautiful stuffing to serve with your bird for the holidays or anytime of the year.
Top Review by karen in tbay
MMMMMMM Doubled the recipe and couldn't stop eating it after step 10 - before I even heated through. Found this to be a little moist so will reheat leftovers without a cover.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 4 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup broth, from giblet boil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and cook wild rice to package instructions; set aside.
- Spread cubed french bread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring after 2 minutes; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook for 3 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add sage, thyme, salt, pepper and cooked rice; cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth.
- Add pecans and toasted bread cubes; toss lightly.
- Transfer to very large casserole dish; cover with lid or foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until hot.