MA Blossom's Note:
From Canadian Living's The Barbecue Collection cookbook, this is a great summer salad. I didn't have quite enough wild rice so added some brown rice to make up the difference and it turned out nicely. We enjoyed it with Lemon Chicken Kebobs, but I think it would go well with any grilled meat. A good make-ahead, take-along salad. Prep time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups wild rice
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and add rice. Boil gently for 30 to 40 minutes, until the rice is tender and many of the grains have burst open.
- 2Drain rice and place in a large bowl.
- 3In a separate saucepan, stir together mushrooms, onions, celery, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Toss veggie mixture with rice. Let cool.
- 5Add parsley and chives. Serve or store in refrigerator for one or two days. Longer storage not recommended.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice & Mushroom Salad
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 303.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar