Recipe by CookbookCarrie
From the Fix it And Forget It cookbook. Yummy, and easy to throw together in the am. I keep cubed cooked chicken in the freezer just to throw in easy meals like this!
Top Review by nkoprince08
This recipe was very simple to make but, I didn't think it had much flavor. I was trying to think of something I could add next time to give it a little more flavor, but haven't come up with anything as of yet. The only thing I changed was to use carrots instead of celery and I chose not to add the almonds. If I come up with something to add to it and try it again I will rate it again if it adds to the flavor of the dish!!
- 2 cups wild rice, uncooked but rinsed well
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (I personally don't add these) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups cut up chicken (rotisserie works well too)
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley